Abstract deadline extended to April 28th!
The Fetal Medicine Institute at Children's National Health System presents:
The Second Annual International Symposium on the Fetal Brain
August 24 and 25, 2017
at Washington, DC's iconic Watergate Hotel
This multidisciplinary event features a 360-degree review of advances in understanding of the fetal brain, presented by a panel of world-renowned experts in the fields of maternal-fetal medicine, developmental neuroscience, neurogenetics, fetal and neonatal neurology, and imaging.
While still in progress, our agenda will be broken up into four sessions:
(1) Neurogenetics: Genomic and Epigenomic Mechanisms Underlying Differences in Brain Development
- Non-Invasive Fetal Testing Beyond Karyotype: What’s in it for the Fetal Brain?
- The Role of Gender in Fetal Brain Development
- The Environment-Genome Interplay and the Emergence of Neuro-Epigenetics
(2) Diagnosis and Consequences of Fetal Deprivation on Brain Development
- Fetal Heart Rate: What It Does and Does Not Tell Us
- Non-Invasive Quantitation of the Fetal Circulation and Oxygenation
- Fetal Brain Development in an Environment of Chronic Hypoxia
(3) Supporting Brain Development in the Ex Utero Fetus: How Far Are We From Achieving Optimal Intrauterine Conditions?
- Quantitative Comparison of Brain Development in the In Utero versus Ex Utero Fetus
- Nutritional Influences on Brain Development in the Ex Utero Fetus
- Optimal Oxygenation for Ex Utero Fetal Brain Development
(4) The Emergence of Consciousness and Pain Sensation
- The Emergence of Consciousness and Pain Sensation
- Pain in the Ex Utero Fetus: Does It Play a Role in the Altered Neurodevelopment of Prematurity?
- Emergence of Electrocortical Activity: the Underpinning of Emerging Consciousness
This year, in addition to our general sessions, we are excited to offer breakfast breakout sessions with practical clinical applications designed to address needs and answer questions for all members of our multidisciplinary audience. They will be broken out as follows:
The Essentials of Neurogenetic Testing
Using MRI to Advance Fetal Neurodiagnosis
Developing a Transitional Fetal-Neonatal Program
Fetal Ultrasound: the Cornerstone of Fetal Neurodiagnosis
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
Take advantage of the end of summer - bring your family and explore the nation's capital! Click through the image above for a handy guide of activities in the city.