A Memorable D.C. Trip for the Whole Family!
At the Fairmont
Home to George Washington University and the Watergate, Foggy Bottom has lots of dining options. Some activities to enjoy with the family:
- Rent kayaks and canoes or take rowing classes!
- Tour the George Washington University Museum.
- Catch a show at the famous Kennedy Center - either one of their daily free shows, or one of their bigger productions. Click here for information on shows inNovember - including family friendly theater!
- Dine at Foggy Bottom's top-rated restaurants!
The Georgetown Waterfront
A quick walk from the Watergate hotel, Georgetown is full of activities, dining, and shopping the whole family can enjoy!
- Take a monument tour or dinner cruise.
- Visit some of America's oldest homes: stop by one of Georgetown's historic mansions. Check the schedule early to book one of their many interactive activities - good for all ages!
- Check out nature in the city by exploring the C&O Canal, running right through Georgtown!
- Shop till you drop - Georgetown has it all - from every-day stores to home design to high-end fashion. Take a stroll down M street and turn up Wisconsin Ave to get some of the areas greatest hits!
- Dine al-fresco at Georgetown's gorgeous restaurants.
The National Mall
One of the most iconic areas in DC, the National Mall is full of free museums and adventures. In addition to the beautiful monuments, this is where you'll find some of our favorite free museums, full of interactive activities for all-ages:
- Children’s Science Center
- International Science Museum
- National Gallery of Art
- Museum of Natural History
- National Botanical Gardens
In addition, check out the schedule at the National Sculpture Gardens to catch free Jazz in the Garden on Friday nights.
- Head to the free National Zoo to visit with our favorite animals - including our famous pandas!
- Go to Old Town Alexandria to explore the historic neighborhood, and catch a ferry to Mt. Vernon - George and Martha Washington's home!
- Go out on the town and dine at D.C.'s new Michelin star restaurants - or explore more casual dining in the hip Shaw, U Street, and Adams Morgan neighborhoods.
- Be a spy for the day at the International Spy Museum!
- Cheer on your favorite President as they race during a Nationals game.
Let us know if you have any other questions - we'd be happy to give you advice to make sure your DC adventure is fun for the whole family!